Think about you need to purchase one thing. You go to bol.com and also you begin typing the article within the search bar. Mechanically you may be served ideas and consequently, you desire a restricted variety of articles from our 30 million merchandise catalogue. You choose the product you need, press the purchase button and there it’s, at your step on the chosen second.
Sounds easy, proper?
Impressed by a chat of our visitor of this episode earlier this 12 months, we wished to search out out what’s behind the search bar. We wished to grasp search queries. Easy at first look, however after we dive into it we discovered it’s far more advanced than you may assume.
We had nice studying: as a buyer, I assist different clients to enhance their search outcomes. How that works? Hearken to this episode.
The search bar on the bol.com web site
What it takes to look
Questions shall be answered like:
- How do I seek for a product?
- We’re not speaking in regards to the Google Search Engine and search engine marketing and why we don’t use Google Search?
- How essential is search?
- What occurs whenever you kind in a search question?
- Phrases you’ll want to perceive after we speak about search: relevancy, rating/sorting, first web page, tail web page.
- What gadgets do you’ll want to bear in mind: Spelling, Goal Class, Filter values, Broadness.
- How can we take trending subjects under consideration?
- As an Worldwide Engineer, is it onerous to work on a search engine with Dutch Product Content material?
Peter Paul van de Beek